Lymphatic drainage massage Melbourne is a gentle, hands-on technique that works with the body’s natural lymphatic system to reduce swelling and remove toxins. The lymphatic system is a network of vessels that carries fluid from your tissues back into your bloodstream. It’s like an internal drainage system for your body! Lymphatic drainage massage can help treat many conditions related to fluid congestion, including:
What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
It’s a type of bodywork that helps improve lymph flow and drainage. The lymphatic system is an important system of our immune system. It helps to protect us from illness or infection by removing excess fluid, cellular waste, and toxins from our bodies. When this process becomes sluggish or blocked due to stress, hormonal imbalances, poor diet, or other factors like injury or surgery, it can affect our mental and physical wellbeing.
By stimulating specific points along the surface of your skin through gentle massage techniques, you can encourage your body to remove these harmful substances more efficiently. So, you feel better physically and mentally!
Who Benefits From Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Anyone who wants to experience greater vitality in their day-to-day life can benefit from a session! They offer treatment plans tailored specifically for each client’s needs. So, whether you’re looking for relief from chronic pain or have never tried massage therapy, they will give you results within one hour!
How Does Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage Work?
These gentle movements can help to stimulate the lymphatic system, encouraging the flow of lymph fluid. The therapist will use light pressure to move lymph fluid through your body. In addition, they might also use gentle movement or massage to stimulate and encourage the flow of lymph fluid. For example, they may use a roller to massage your skin or other techniques such as vibration and manual lymphatic drainage devices (MLD). They’ll often use hot or cold packs if you have an area that needs more stimulation than usual.
Manual lymph drainage massage Melbourne uses light pressure and long, gentle, rhythmic strokes to increase lymph flow and reduce toxins in your body. It is also a very light massage that encourages fluid to move away from congested areas by increasing the activity of normal lymphatics.
What Are The Benefits Of Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Remedial massage Carlton is a type of massage that can be used to treat many different conditions. It relieves pain, discomfort, and swelling and helps the body to function at its best. In this article, we look at just some of the benefits of lymphatic drainage massage:
- Reduces pain and discomfort
- Improves the working of the lymphatic system
- It helps reduce swelling and inflammation in your body
- It helps strengthen your immune system
- Reduces cellulite appearance (skin dimpling) by improving fluid circulation under the skin layer
- Reduces stretch marks appearance with increased elasticity in skin layers.
Who Is Not A Suitable Candidate For Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
- You are pregnant.
- You have a severe infection.
- When you have a severe injury.
- You have recently undergone surgery involving any of your joints or limbs. The lymphatic system is very close to the skin’s surface so any injury can affect it. Therefore, it is best not to get this massage until at least six weeks after surgery. If you are unsure when it would be safe to start treatment, consult with your doctor before beginning treatment.
- If you have cardiac problems such as heart failure or arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).
- When you have skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema that make Melbourne remedial massage
- If you have an active infection in one of the areas where lymph drainage massage takes place.
How To Get The Most From Your Session?
Here are some tips for getting the most from your session:
- Do not eat for at least 2 hours before the session.
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours before the session.
- You should not take blood thinners (including aspirin) for 24 hours before the session.
- Do not take caffeine or any stimulants for 24 hours before the session, as it can impede lymph flow, making drainage less effective and could result in an uncomfortable experience. Please follow your diet before the appointment if you are on a special diet. This includes refraining from drinking milk products containing lactose. This can cause bloating and indigestion during massage therapy sessions.
Please remove any jewelry before your treatment to prevent injury by accidental contact. Showering beforehand is recommended, but if showering isn’t possible, please be sure to remove all makeup before coming into our office. So, there aren’t any eye irritations caused by smearing mascara onto eyelids whilst massaging eyes during treatment sessions! Wear clothes that are comfortable and allow easy access to your skin. No shorts or skirts should be worn unless medically prescribed by a doctor due to potential risk factors.
What Can You Expect On My First Visit?
You may be asked to fill out paperwork on your first visit and provide payment. You can expect the remedial massage therapist Melbourne to ask about your medical history. You should also tell them if you have any allergies or sensitivities to oils or lotions used during the session.
Before the massage begins, it’s helpful to wear comfortable clothing that is easy for you to move around. It will also be beneficial if your clothes do not restrict circulation by being too tight or loose on your body. Before leaving home, dress in layers to easily remove clothing as needed during treatment.
During treatment, ensure your body is covered with a sheet so that nothing gets exposed unexpectedly. You may also want something soft under your head like a pillowcase or rolled towel if lying face down becomes uncomfortable over time. It is because of poor blood flow from prolonged periods of pressure on one area at a time. However, this isn’t necessary unless directed by an experienced professional who knows how best to meet individual needs through proper guidance.
When you add lymphatic drainage massage Melbourne to your wellness toolbox, you’ll start noticing benefits beyond what you would expect from a traditional massage. This treatment can improve your circulation and keep your body free from toxins. It also helps with digestion. Therefore, many people choose it for their digestive health needs. If this sounds like something that would benefit your life, too, then contact them today!