Since the invention of the car in 1886, automobiles have played an integral role in modern life. Some argue that cars have become more important than traditional modes of transportation like horses or bicycles. However, even though cars may be more convenient and faster than other modes of transportation, they still require tremendous maintenance (e.g., oil changes).
One area where many people don’t realize how much maintenance is involved is their battery. Most people assume their battery will last until it dies without maintenance or care. And then they get stuck on the side of the road somewhere because their car won’t start!
Sealed Deep-Cycle Batteries
- Fully sealed and maintenance-free
- AGM batteries are sealed and maintenance-free. This means that you no longer have to worry about adding water or checking electrolyte levels or acid leaks and corrosion. AGM batteries do not gas like flooded lead acid batteries, allowing them to withstand more charge and discharge cycles than their traditional counterparts.
- Because of this unique construction, AGM batteries can be used in various applications, such as marine vessels, recreational vehicles (RVs), off-grid solar systems, emergency lighting systems and more!
Flooded deep cycle batteries are important equipment for your boat, RV, motorhome or other vehicles that require a reliable power source. These batteries can be used in many applications due to their unique qualities, including their ability to withstand extreme conditions and provide power even after long periods without use.
One benefit of using sealed deep-cycle batteries is that they are more resistant to high temperatures than other rechargeable batteries.
While you may not need this feature until summer rolls around, it’s nice knowing that when you do have certain tasks at hand during those hot days (such as loading up the car), there will be no interruption in service due to overheating issues with your current battery model or brand choice!
AGM batteries are maintenance-free and require no water addition or equalization charging. This makes them ideal for use in applications where such maintenance would be difficult, costly or impossible. AGM batteries can also be discharged down to 80 per cent without any damage to the battery. In comparison, traditional lead acid batteries should not be discharged below 50 per cent of their capacity.
Battery Life Cycle
The life cycle of a battery, referred to as its service life, is the number of times it can be charged and discharged. The life cycle is determined by the number of times a battery has been fully discharged and by how often it’s been fully charged.
A battery’s capacity may decrease over time due to age, temperature variations, air pressure and exposure to vibrations or impacts. In general, batteries should be replaced if they are at least three years old or if you notice that they no longer hold their charge well enough for your needs.
The number of times your flooded lead acid deep cycle batteries have been fully discharged will determine how much power they can store at any given moment. This directly relates to their energy retention capacity; when a battery is fully charged, its energy retention capacity is higher than when it’s only partially charged (i.e., not quite 100%).
Another benefit of using sealed deep-cycle batteries is their ability to withstand extreme conditions and provide power even after long periods without use. This makes them a great choice if you’re looking for a battery that can be used in multiple applications or will last you for years without needing to replace it.
- Flooded cell deep cycle battery also offer a longer life cycle than their flooded counterparts. AGM batteries can be charged to 100 per cent of their capacity, so they will not lose power as rapidly during use. Flooded batteries should only be charged to 80 per cent of capacity because overcharging will cause damage and shorten the battery’s overall lifespan.
- Most AGM and gel-cell batteries are completely sealed, so they do not require regular checking or watering as flooded batteries do. However, suppose you choose a traditional lead acid battery with removable caps. In that case, it’s important to monitor your water level as part of routine maintenance (and remember to add distilled water when necessary).
No Free Acid or Electrolyte
AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries are sealed, meaning they have no free acid or electrolyte. This makes them maintenance-free and spillproof, so they do not need to be topped off with water like flooded batteries.
The more times a battery has been fully discharged, the smaller its energy retention capacity becomes. If you want the best performance from your deep cycle batteries, keep them at full charge as much as possible. For example, if you’re using a generator that runs on gas to power your home during an outage or other emergency, don’t let it run for extended periods without turning off and restarting it every few hours.
No Spillage and Virtually No Gassing
AGM batteries are spillproof, virtually no gassing and have a very low self-discharge rate. Sealed 12 volt deep cycle battery do not contain free acids or electrolytes, unlike other types of deep-cycle batteries. This makes them extremely safe to use and transport.
Furthermore, AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries have an extremely low internal resistance, which means they deliver maximum power at a wide range of loads. Also, these sealed lead acid battery packs provide an economical energy storage solution for many applications, including UPS systems in large data centres and solar panels system backup power generation systems.
The depth of discharge recommended for AGM and gel-cell batteries are between 50 and 80 per cent. If you run your vehicle until the battery is completely dead, then it’s likely that damage will occur to the plates inside the battery (including cracking or warping). Absorbed glass mat batteries are also known for being long-lasting. They can be used for up to 20 years without needing to be replaced; in short, 12 volt sealed deep cycle battery is a great choice for any application where you need an affordable and reliable power source.
- AGM batteries are clean, reliable and last a long time.
- AGM batteries are sealed and therefore don’t leak acid or fumes.
- AGM batteries can be mounted in any position as they’re completely non-spillable.
- AGM batteries have a long life cycle, about twice that of conventional lead-acid batteries.
- AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) deep cycle battery technology is the only sealed battery that offers the performance you need from your deep cycle marine, RV and solar system applications.
The electrolyte material used for making these types of batteries is absorbed into glass mats during manufacturing, which eliminates the risk of spilling any fluid when installing them in an enclosed space such as a boat cabin or vehicle trunk area. This also makes flooded deep cycle battery ideal for use on cramped vehicles with limited space.
No need to worry about spills caused by broken seals due to regular movement while driving along rough roads or riding over bumps at high speeds while racing across open terrain like desert plains! These systems are designed specifically for extreme conditions due to their high discharge rate capabilities–which means they’re perfect for powering large electric motors like those found inside tractors used by farmers working on farms located throughout Africa’s most fertile regions in central Africa where maize production rates are highest per acreage compared with anywhere else worldwide!”
When choosing the right battery for your boat, RV or deep-cycle applications, you should consider buying a sealed AGM battery. It’s a better choice than flooded lead acid deep cycle battery because it has more capacity and lasts longer. This means that you won’t have to change your battery as often, and you can use it in any weather conditions without worrying about spillage or corrosion on other parts of the vehicle because they are completely sealed off from outside elements like dust particles as well as humidity levels indoors due touching water sources like bathtubs etcetera. Are you searching for sealed deep cycle battery? If yes, don’t fret. Deep Cycle Systems has covered you at an affordable price.